Data Trainee – Summer intern
Futusome is company that collects public and open online data. We make that data more readily available for our customers. Maintaining good quality data requires maintenance of crawlers – automated bots that brows the internet to get the data.
We are looking for Data Trainees to join our data team this summer. You will have a very interesting summer, learn a lot and have the opportunity for part time work when the internship ends.
- To be successful in a Data Trainee position at Futusome, you will need a basic understanding of how the Internet works – that is, you should be familiar with the concepts of http requests/responses, html markup language, CSS; also will be appreciated basic knowledge of OOP (object-oriented programming language especially java), familiarity with the Linux platform.
- Data Trainee position is an entry level position @Futusome meaning that there will be a limited amount of coding involved with the position. However, the position can be used as a very good stepping stone to developer / data science positions at Futusome as you become intimately familiar with one of the most valuable assets in the company – the data we collect.
- The job consists mostly of configuring old and new crawlers: We collect data from the Internet and we do the data collection using web crawlers. Most of the crawlers are collecting data using a site (or domain) specific set of rules. Those rules need to be maintained for us to be able to provide our customers with quality data.
- The job will be full time.
- You will need to work in our offices in central Helsinki at least for the first weeks, after the initial training some work can be done remotely if needed.
- Starting salary for a full time position is 2500EUR/mth
- Internship starts as soon as you can join and will last to mid/end August